- 1 Programming Language Support & Language Bindings
- 2 C++ Development with Qt
- 3 QML Development with Qt Quick
- 4 These are third party language bindings for Qt
- 4.1 "PySide: Python for Qt":http://www.pyside.org (LGPL)
- 4.2 "PyQt":http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/news (GPL/commercial)
- 4.3 "Qt for Java":http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-jambi (QtJambi, Windows/Mac/Linux)
- 4.4 "Qt for Ruby":http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Ruby (QtRuby)
- 4.5 "Qt for BASIC":http://www.kbasic.com/ (KBasic)
- 4.6 "Qt for Ada 2005":http://www.qtada.com/ (QtAda)
- 4.7 Perl bindings
- 4.8 "Qt for D":http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd (QtD)
- 4.9 "Qt for Pascal":http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt4_binding (FPC Qt4 Binding)
- 4.10 "Qt for Lua":http://www.nongnu.org/libqtlua/ (QtLua)
- 4.11 "Qt for Haskell":http://qthaskell.berlios.de/ (qtHaskell)
- 4.12 "Qt Quick for Haskell":http://www.gekkou.co.uk/software/hsqml/ (HsQML)
- 4.13 "Qt Quick for OCaml":http://kakadu.github.io/lablqt/ (lablqt)
- 4.14 "Qt for PHP":http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-qt/ (PHP-Qt)
- 4.15 "Qt for Chicken Scheme":http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/qt (Qt 4 egg)
- 5 References
Programming Language Support & Language Bindings
C++ Development with Qt
Qt provides an intuitive C++ class library with a rich set of application build blocks for C++ development. Qt goes beyond C++ in the areas of inter-object communication and flexibility for advanced GUI development. Qt adds the following features to C+:
- Powerful mechanism for inter-object communication called "signals and slots":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/signalsandslots.html
- Queryable and designable "object properties ":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/properties.html#qt-s-property-system
- Powerful "events and events filters ":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/eventsandfilters.html
- Contextual "string translation for internationalization ":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/i18n.html
- Sophisticated interval driven "timers":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/timers.html that make it possible to elegantly integrate many tasks in an event-driven GUI
- Hierarchical and queryable "object trees":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/objecttrees.html that organize object ownership in a natural way
- "Guarded pointers":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qpointer.html that are automatically set to 0 when the referenced object is destroyed, unlike normal C++ pointers which become dangling pointers when their objects are destroyed
- A "dynamic cast ":https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/metaobjects.html works across library boundaries.
QML Development with Qt Quick
- Optimized for touch-based, animated mobile UIs
- Includes a set of graphical and behavioral building blocks: "QML Elements ":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qdeclarativeelements.html
- No C++ knowledge required for UI creation, but can be extended with C++
"Find out more about Qt Quick":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qdeclarativeintroduction.html
These are third party language bindings for Qt
"PySide: Python for Qt":http://www.pyside.org (LGPL)
- Documentation (Guides and Tutorials)
- "Mailing list":http://lists.qt.io/mailman/listinfo/pyside
- "Source code":http://qt.gitorious.org/pyside
- "Bug Tracker":https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE
- "API Documentation":http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/classes.html
- "Reference Guide":http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/index.html
"Qt for Java":http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-jambi (QtJambi, Windows/Mac/Linux)
Qt Jambi – Qt bindings to the Java programming language – is maintained by the community. You can find more information from http://qt-jambi.org.
- "Jambi Community":http://qt-jambi.org/
- "Old tutorial":http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtjambi-4.4/html/com/trolltech/qt/qtjambi-tutorial.html
- "Old API Javadoc":http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtjambi-4.4/html/index.html
"Qt for Ruby":http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Ruby (QtRuby)
The project provides complete bindings to both the KDE API and the Qt APIs. The Korundum package includes both a QtRuby Qt-only binding along with the full combined Qt/KDE one. The QtRuby package contains just Qt bindings with no dependencies on KDE.
- "Book":http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ctrubyqt/ (for Qt 3)
"Qt for BASIC":http://www.kbasic.com/ (KBasic)
KBasic uses Qt as its toolkit to provide cross-platform abilities. KBasic is a further BASIC dialect and is related to VB.NET™, Visual Basic®, Visual Basic for Application® and Java™. It combines several features and includes built-in backward support for QBasic®.
"Qt for Ada 2005":http://www.qtada.com/ (QtAda)
QtAda is an Ada2005 language prividing bindings to the Qt libraries and a set of useful tools. QtAda supports Qt version 4.6 and later.
"official PerlQt and PerlKDE":https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdebindings/perl
This is what the Linux distros ship. Expect updates for Qt5 in 2013. Subscribe to the "kde-bindings list":http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-bindings for news.
This repository used to be at "Google code":http://code.google.com/p/perlqt4/, then moved to KDE in 2012. Some outdated code snapshots are on "CPAN":http://search.cpan.org/~cburel/; prefer the KDE repository.
"Vadim Likhota bindings":http://search.cpan.org/~vadiml/
One-man effort, last updated 2008. "opendesktop.org mirror":http://www.opendesktop.org/content/show.php/?action=content&content=69748
"Dongxu Ma bindings":http://search.cpan.org/~dongxu/
One-man effort, last update 2012. "GitHub mirror":https://github.com/dxma/cpan/wiki
Outdated, Qt3 only.
Outdated, Qt2 and Qt1 only.
=== "Qt for C#":http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/QtSharp (Qyoto) Qyoto makes it possible to develop Qt and KDE applications using C#, or any other .NET language. Qyoto uses SMOKE, and offers access to almost all Qt and KDE classes. ===
"Qt for D":http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd (QtD)
QtD is a binding of the Qt framework to the "D programming language version 2.":http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/index.html
"Qt for Pascal":http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt4_binding (FPC Qt4 Binding)
The Free Pascal Qt4 binding allows Free Pascal to interface with the C++ Library Qt. This binding does not cover the whole Qt4 framework but only the classes needed by the Cross Platform Lazarus IDE to use Qt as a Widget set. More "info":http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html
"Qt for Lua":http://www.nongnu.org/libqtlua/ (QtLua)
The QtLua library are trying to make Qt4 applications scriptable using the Lua scripting language as an alternative to the QtScript module.
"Qt for Haskell":http://qthaskell.berlios.de/ (qtHaskell)
"Qt Quick for Haskell":http://www.gekkou.co.uk/software/hsqml/ (HsQML)
"Qt Quick for OCaml":http://kakadu.github.io/lablqt/ (lablqt)
"Qt for PHP":http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-qt/ (PHP-Qt)
"Qt for Chicken Scheme":http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/qt (Qt 4 egg)
An incomplete binding which supports loading UI files, binding to GUIs thus instantiated, and networking and dbus functionality.
This category currently contains no pages or media.