New Features in Qt 5.6
- Qt Multimedia
- New Playlist QML type.
- New audio role API for the media player (C++ and QML)
- Support for camera focus and video probe on WinRT
- New functions in QML AudioEngine to support dynamic object creation
- Qt WebEngine
- Based on Chromium 45
- Support for flash pepper plugin
- Added API for custom URL schemes
- Support for following global Qt proxy settings.
- Font rendering
- Optional support for using FreeType on Mac OS X
- Class Mechanics
- All implicitly-shared types are nothrow-move-assignable, nothrow-swappable
- Most implicitly-shared types are nothrow-move-constructible
With Qt 5.6 the following modules are removed:
- Qt WebKit
- Qt Declarative (Qt Quick 1)
Note that Qt Script (replaced by QJSEngine) is deprecated but still included in the Qt 5.6 release.
Qt 5.6 does not add support to new operating systems, but there are many changes in supported platform and compiler versions. More details what is now tested in Qt CI, please check Qt-5.6.0-tools-and-versions
More details here.