New Features in Qt 6.2
New & Restored Modules
The following additional modules are available, that were not present in 6.1:
- Qt SerialBus
- The Qt SerialBus module has been ported to Qt 6 and the CMake build system.
- The QCanBusFactory has been removed and QCanBusFactoryV2 was renamed to QCanBusFactory.
- QModbusRtuSerialSlave and QModbusRtuSerialMaster have been renamed to QModbusRtuSerialServer and QModbusRtuSerialClient and the new names shall be used in new code.
- Qt WebSockets
- The Qt WebSockets module has been ported to Qt 6 and the CMake build system.
- Qt WebChannel
- The Qt WebChannel module has been ported to Qt 6 and the CMake build system.
- QWebChannel properties are now bindable.
- The property update interval of QWebChannel can be configured. It still defaults to 50ms.
- QWebChannel supports property updates for BINDABLE properties. However, the client side does not provide a generic callback mechanism if the host property does not have a NOTIFY signal.
- Signals from objects living in a different thread are now handled correctly (QTBUG-51366)Q
New Features (within existing modules)
Boot to Qt
Changes in Installer
When creating Qt 6, we retain as much compatibility with Qt 5 as possible, but some changes were inevitable to make Qt a better framework. To make it easier to port to Qt 6, we have created a Porting guide to summarize those changes and provide guidance to handle them. In the guide, you can find links to articles about changes that may affect your application and help you transitioning from Qt 5 to Qt 6.