Qt 5.3.0 Beta 1 Known Issues
Known Issues - Qt 5.3.0 Beta1
- Check that your system meets Qt's requirements.
- All open issues can be found from Jira: https://bugreports.qt.io
- Installation over the existing installation not supported
- QTIFW-278: SDK 5.1.0 rc1 : installation over existing installation fails
- Examples in Qt Creator Welcome mode is empty
- Workaround: Start Qt Creator with clean settings (e.g. for temporary testing: '-settingspath /some/temp/dir'
' The platform backends have been almost entirely re-written for Beta 2 and may not function properly. See the blog at http://www.layt.net/john/blog/odysseus/help_test_qtprintsupport_changes_in_qt_53_beta_1 for more details on how to test.
' QTBUG-37795: List models with custom object properties cannot be instantiated.
- QTBUG-35516: example directory in binary package has wrong permissions (creating problems for global installations)
' Workaround: Fix permissions with 'chmod g+rx,o+rx 5.2.0/gcc_64/examples'
- if you want to install a Qt for Visual Studio be sure you have the related Visual Studio installed
- Qt Creator does not support Windows XP.
' Workaround: Disable 'Welcome', 'QmlProfiler', QmlDesigner' plugins
- Qt Creator does require a working DirectX/DirectDraw backend
' Enable Accelerated 3D support if you run Windows in e.g. VirtualBox, VMWare
- QTBUG-32864: WMF plugin fails to load on Windows Vista (no service found for- "org.qt-project.qt.mediaplayer")
- Workaround: If you target Windows Vista, rebuild the plugin (qtmultimedia/src/plugins/wmf) using the Windows Vista SDK.
- QTBUG-33788: Widgets in QGraphicsView via QGraphicsProxyWidget can't receive QTabletEvent
- May show the wrong paper name when setting paper by page dimensions.
WinRT / Windows Phone
- If you want to install Qt for Windows RT or Phone, please have also the according Visual Studio installed (Visual Studio for Windows, Visual Studio for Windows Phone)
- Note that not all mobile related modules are supported (e.g. Geopositioning, bluetooth, etc)
- Even though Qt Cloud Services are part of the package, they are not supported yet.
- Qt Quick Controls might have some wrong behaviors.
- Automatic kit registration wrongly sets up WinRT target as local desktop target. This is related to the WinRT plugin not enabled by default. Please open Help->About Plugins, enable WinRT and restart Qt Creator
Mac OS X
- QTBUG-31724: can’t debug into qt libs on Mac (it hasn’t worked since 5.0.0)
- Workaround: Compile Qt on your own
- QTBUG-35211: Apps using QtWebKit 2 are not deployable on Mac OS X (QtWebProcess fails to deploy/start)
- QTBUG-35317: Qtquick1 apps that use qtwebkit1 fail to deploy on Mac OS X
- QTBUG-35506: Qt Quick Controls applications launched using qmlscene might not display the menubar until they lose and regain focus
See "Qt for iOS known issues"
See " Qt5 Status on BlackBerry 10"
- QTBUG-37902 Source package fails to build