Qt Contributors Summit 2022 - Program/QtScrypt
From Qt Wiki
< Qt Contributors Summit 2022 - Program
Revision as of 12:30, 8 June 2022 by Friedemannkleint (talk | contribs) (→Notes)
Some time ago, I wrote a hackathon project to enable Python scripting within C++ applications - the outcome was cool :). Due to the similarities, I decided to call it QtScrypt, because it kind of follows a similar idea as QtScript, but with Python. I would like to present the proof of concept I have, and if it's interest from someone else to start the development and create a proper project out of this idea.
- Cristián Maureira-Fredes
taken by Friedemann Kleint
- Hackathon Project running Python from C++ (Qt Script)
- Idea: Simplify CPython API/Create a high level API for it
- QScryptEngine with an evaluate() function
- QVariant-based (due to mixed types in Python)
- Some confusion about super ()
- Application bindings exposing QObjects (as historically in Qt Creator)?
- Python scripting of Qt Design Studio was considered , but no capacity
- Enable use of scientific packages from Python