Qt for Python/Reporting Bugs
Reporting bugs in Qt for Python
Bugs in Qt for Python can be reported at the bug tracker. The quality of the bug report can dramatically impact how likely it is that the bug will be fixed.
We follow the same criteria than any Qt related bug, check Reporting_Bugs for more information.
Step by step
Here is a nutshell description of how to report a bug :
- Visit bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE.
- If you don't have a Qt account, you should create a one (https://account.qt.io/).
- Use the "Quick Search" field in the top right to try to find any similar bugs, some times there are related bugs that could be complementary to your issue.
- Leave a comment with any additional info you have.
- Click "Vote" — You will usually have a higher chance of having your bug fixed by voting on an already existing bug than creating a new one.
- Add yourself as a watcher, if you want to track the progress of the bug via email.
- If you don't find a bug report which matches your issue, then click "Create New Issues", and fill out the fields.
- Project: Qt for Python
- Type: Bug or Suggestion
- Component: Shiboken, Documentation or PySide
- Description: Provide a detailed description of the issue
- Environment: Write your current environment configuration, OS, Python version, PySide2 version, etc.
- Attachment: Please include a minimal reproducible script.