Qt for Python Development Notes
From Qt Wiki
7. February 2019
- Fixed 5.13 deprecation warnings (which unearthed that we had a dependency on QString::isNull() vs isEmpty() in shiboken) - Fixed a large number of shiboken code generation warnings (revealing some issues) - Provided s solution for one issue mentioned at PYSIDE-725 (apparently Sharon Woods from US is involved in some consulting?) - Will start formal release tag marking in Jira (matching Qt style) - Data visualization tutorial fixes - Talking about further integration of existing examples into general docs - PYSIDE-803 further investigation - no conclusion yet - PYSIDE-921 fixed - PYSIDE-816 investigated - fix seems at hand - PYSIDE-924 fixed issue where Q_PROPERTY flags were not properly passed on to Qt - restructured cmake files adding a master cmake file (simplifies opening of project in IDEs) - Now it's possible to open the whole project (PySide2 + Shiboken2) on QtCreator using the global CMakeList.txt - worked on issues related to the setup.py and how to execute it.
31. January 2019
- Preparing 5.12.1 release - Packages are looking good, likely to be released at same time as Qt 5.12.1 release - Submitted class bindings of Qt RemoteObjects for PYSIDE-862 - Added classes QWebEngineHistory, WebEngineHistoryItem with required fix PYSIDE-906 - Have calls to method annotated as deprecated issue a warning - Fixed warnings, prepared Qt 5.13 bindings (based on current 5.13 API additions) - Looked into PYSIDE-816, PYSIDE-803 - Data visualization tutorial added - working on ways of substitution of C++ specific terms in docs against Python equivalents (e.g. nullptr and bool)
24. January 2019
- Release branch for 5.12.1 exist - There was some issues in CI with 5.12 branch earlier this week and it was pretty much blocked. All issues should be solved now. - Prepared class bindings of Qt RemoteObject for PYSIDE-862 for review - Some creativity to keep integrations going due to COIN issues - Investigation of PYSIDE-803 is ongoing. The issue needs deep analysis to isolate the problem.
17. January 2019
- Fixed PYSIDE-908, further investigation into PYSIDE-803 (free threading) - QfP 5.12.1 release being prepared - PYSIDE-797 (uic change ready for review) - PYSIDE-862 (Qt RemoteObject module support) - PYSIDE-634 being fixed - started to look at true cross compilation (PYSIDE-802) - Improving Qt Creator project template support (QTCREATORBUG-21824)
10. January 2019
- Scope for Qt for Python 5.13 release -> relevant tasks marked with Fixversion 5.13 in bugreports.qt.io -> feature freeze for Qt for Python 5.13 (April 2019) - looked into case of corrupted meta data of wheel - supporting named arguments for signals - some minimal support in Qt Creator to create a Qt for Python project - bug hunting in 5.12.0 release - working on Pyside-797 - further analysis of PYSIDE-803, working on an implementation plan
3. January 2019
- Completed: Complete The Signature Introspection (PYSIDE-510) - After the release there has been a couple of new reported bugs that we are working on: - There was some outdated documentation issue regarding Slots() - A couple of issues with multiple inheritance like: PYSIDE-868 - and with QPlainTextEdit PYSIDE-886 - Restarted investigation of PYSIDE-803