Requesting New Repositories
This page describes the process for creating new repositories on our Gerrit server.
Please send an email addressed to the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. Please include the following information:
- Name and description of the project
- Responsible persons
- Desired repository name (please try to follow existing patterns)
- All projects which are meant to ultimately end up in the qt distribution should start out in the qt/ namespace.
- The playground/ namespace is for projects which don't fit any other category.
- qt-labs/ is a semi-private namespace for employees of The Qt Company. Repositories here can be created without consulting the external community, but using it just as a shortcut is discouraged (migration to the qt/ namespace requires community consultation).
- If migrating from an existing repository, the URL of it, or explicitly say that you are not importing existing history
- If you import verbatim history, it must comply with Qt's Commit Policy to a reasonable degree. Otherwise, you need to reshape or squash the history, and preferably submit it through the usual code review process.
Oswald Buddenhagen (ossi|tt) and Frederik Gladhorn (fregl) are the server admins who will ultimately execute the request, but please don't try to bypass the process.
Execution Details (for Admins)
- Mirroring to code.qt.io is automatic
- A mirror on github needs to be created manually, and gerrit's replication configuration may need to be adjusted
- Some TQtC sites maintain local mirrors which require manual action
- Repos in the qt/ namespace should be added to the qt5 super repo without much delay (typically without configuring them to be part of the default checkout yet).