Support for macOS
Qt on OS X
Qt is a comprehensive application and UI framework for developing OS X applications that can also be deployed across many other desktop and embedded operating systems without rewriting the source code. Use the code from one single code-base and rebuild for all supported Windows versions and other platforms.
Getting Started on OS X
Key Features for OS X Development
Integrated Development Tools
Qt includes a set of integrated development tools to speed development on the OS X platform.
- Qt Designer provides a drag and drop visual GUI builder.
- Qt Linguist provides internationalization and translation features.
- Qt Assistant is a customizable HTML help file reader providing the complete Qt documentation offline.
For more information, please see the latest Qt documentation
Cross platform development using Qt Creator
Qt Creator is a complete cross platform IDE included in the Qt SDK. The IDE allows programmers to create, build, debug and run Qt applications accross all supported platforms.
Rich Class Library
The Qt class library includes all the functionality needed to build advanced GUI applications.
- Complete set of customizable UI controls/widgets
- 3D graphics support with OpenGL integration
- Powerful multi-threading features
- 2D graphics canvas capable of handling millions of items
- Integrated Phonon multimedia framework
- WebKit integration
- Networking, XML and database functionality
- ECMA standard scripting engine
For more information, please see the latest Qt documentation.
Supports Intel Hardware and Universal Binaries
Qt is written without making assumptions about the number representation, endianness or architecture of the underlying processor. To support Intel hardware on the Apple platforms, Qt customers simply need to recompile their apps.
Note: Qt also provides support for 64-bit applications on top of Cocoa APIs.