Qt Creator Releases
Qt Creator Release Cycle
We aim for 3 Qt Creator minor releases each year. Each minor release goes through the following stages before the final release date:
- T-8 Weeks: Feature freeze
- T-6 Weeks: Beta release + soft string freeze
- T-4 Weeks: String freeze
- T-2 Weeks: Release candidate
- T-0 Weeks: Final release
These times are approximate and can vary a bit, depending on the state of Qt Creator during the process.
Patch releases can happen after the final release, mostly with the scope of fixing brown paper bag and high priority issues (see also the Qt Creator Submit Policies [qt.io]). We do not maintain multiple Qt Creator minor releases in parallel, usually there is no patch release after the beta of the next minor release has been released. Qt Creator’s schedule is not aligned with Qt’s schedule, but we typically provide a patch release exactly matching Qt releases which is then released at the same time.
The schedule for the next minor is typically set around release time, starting with a period about two months which focuses on feature development for the upcoming release. (During that time there might be patch releases as described above.)
Qt Creator 4.3
- Feature freeze wk12 (~ Mar 14 2017)
- Beta release wk14 (~ Mar 28 2017)
- String freeze wk16 (~ Apr 11 2017)
- Release candidate wk20 (~ May 10 2017)
- Final release wk22 (~ May 23 2017)
Qt Creator 4.4
- Feature freeze wk28 (~ Jul 4 2017)
- Beta release wk30 (~ Jul 18 2017)
- String freeze wk32 (~ Aug 1 2017)
- Release candidate wk34 (~ Aug 15 2017)
- Final release wk36 (~ Aug 29 2017)
Qt Creator 4.5
- Feature freeze wk42 (~ Oct 10 2017)
- Beta release wk44 (~ Oct 24 2017)
- String freeze wk46 (~ Nov 7 2017)
- Release candidate wk48 (~ Nov 21 2017)
- Final release wk50 (~ Dec 5 2017)
The mentioned dates are typically Tuesdays of the weeks, packages are meant to be ready by then. Actual release typically happens on Wednesday or Thursday.
A collection of older release plans is found at Old Qt Creator Releases.