Apt-get Qt4 on the Raspberry Pi
- apt-get install Qt4 on the Rasperry Pi
- Using the Raspbian image
Firstly I got the development tools needed by Qt Creator in the hope it would be less heavy for the Pi to download separately.
sudo apt-get install qt4-dev-tools
Then I went for Qt Creator
sudo apt-get install qtcreator
I also installed
sudo apt-get install gcc
sudo apt-get install xterm
sudo apt-get install git-core
sudo apt-get install subversion
this gives as a result Qt Creator 2.5 with Qt 4.8.1 32 bit
Problem : no toolchain.
We can only compile for remote embedded devices and this is not the case here, because we are on the Pi and not remotely accessing it.
I added a gcc toolchain
Tools/Options > build & run > tab tool chains > button add Choose GCC
- Then set compiler path : /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.6
- Debugger : /usr/bin/gdb
- Mkspec : default
Qt Creator seems to detect that we are going to deploy on a remote target.
To fix this :
- Go to menu help > about plugins
- Uncheck device support > remote linux
- Restart Qt Creator
- Go to tools > options TAB > build & run > Qt versions > add "/usr/bin/qmake-qt4"
It will then show up as a desktop project in the project wizard instead of embedded.