Profiling and Memory Checking Tools
En Ar Bg De El Es Fa Fi Fr Hi Hu It Ja Kn Ko Ms Nl Pl Pt Ru Sq Th Tr Uk Zh
This is a collection of tools for profiling and memory checking. It's mostly a summary of programs/libraries mentioned in the forums, notably in threads Advice on checking for memory leaks and dangling resources? and Other tools for Qt Development
Linux, Mac OS X
Valgrind is the tool of choice for analyzing a variety of issues on Linux and Mac OS X. It uses individual tools for specific analysis like profiling and memory checking. Qt Creator's Analyze mode integrates Valgrind, and provides both memory checking and profiling functionality from within the IDE. Valgrind needs to be installed for that to work. Valgrind is not available on Windows, but since memory issues are usually not platform dependent, analysis can be done on Linux or Mac OS X as well.
There is a tutorial on how to debug C++ code with Valgrind on Linux at http://devmentor.posterous.com/debugging-with-valgrind
Visualizer for Valgrind profiling results
Qt4-based GUI for the Valgrind 3.6.x and 3.7.x series
visualizer for the massif (one of the valgrind tools) output
- AddressSanitizer Memory monitoring tool built into gcc 4.8 and clang
- AQTime Pro (Commercial - €539) Find Issues & Memory Leaks with Application Runtime Analysis & Performance Profiling
- Borland Bounds Checker (Commercial)
- Deleaker (Commercial - $99) Deleaker is a tool for C++ developers who want to find all possible known leaks in their projects. Detects memory, GDI and other leaks.
- Dr.Memory (Open-source) v1.9.0 | 2015-10-02 | Memory monitoring tool (Not working with Qt currently due to a bug)
- Intel Inspector XE (Commercial - $1599) Memory and Thread Debugger
- Luke Stackwalker (Open-source) v0.9.9 | 2010-12-22 | CPU profiler based on sampling
- UNICOM Systems PurifyPlus (Commercial) PurifyPlus is a runtime analysis tool suite that monitors your program as it runs and reports on key aspects of its behavior.
- Visual Leak Detector for Visual C++ 2008-2015 (Open-source) v2.4rc2 | 2014-04-06 | Visual Leak Detector is a free, robust, open-source memory leak detection system for Visual C++.
- Very Sleepy (Open-source) v0.90 | 2014-12-23 | CPU profiler based on sampling (can't be attached to Qt processes on Windows 10 x64)
- Visual Studio Profiler (Free in Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 Community Editions) CPU Sampling, Instrumentation, .NET Memory allocation, Resource Contention
- MTuner (Free) MTuner utilizes a novel approach to memory profiling & analysis, keeping entire time-based history of memory operations.
- Memory Leak Detection Tool (Free, Open source code) High performance memory leak detection tool, 32/64-bit architectures are supported