PySide Example Applications
Attention: a port of PySide to Qt 5.x started in 2014, the progress and more details about this project can be found under PySide 2
Simple Demo Applications
The following links are small and simple applications written in PySide. Feel free to study them and learn how PySide applications are developed.
- PySide Pythonic Demos: Lots of simple and Pythonic PySide demos
- PySide Examples (tar.gz archive): Python script examples adapted for PySide
- Simple PySide Scripts in Public Domain
- 01 - Minimal PySide Application
- 02 - Minimal PySide Application Window
- 03 - Minimal PySide Application Window and Button
- 04 - Minimal PySide Application Color Picker
- 05 - Minimal PySide Application Color Picker to Paint Self
PySide comes with a plenty of example applications, illustrating the usage and functionality of different Qt functionality and concepts from Python. The examples are organized into topical subdirectories within the current directory. To browse and run the examples, change to the relevant directory and run the example there, either on the command line or by using your favourite file manager.
The majority of the examples have been ported as-is from PyQt, in which case the original boilerplates have been retained. Hence, although PySide itself is licensed under LGPLv2.1, most of the examples are licensed under GPLv2. We have tried to ensure that every example works with PySide. If you experience unexpected results when running any of the examples, PLEASE report the issue at PySide Bugzilla. This will greatly help us improve the quality of PySide future releases.
- "Get the examples here:"https://qt.gitorious.org/pyside/pyside-examples
Combining PySide with other Open Source Software
- VisIT is a popular scientific visualization tool that can be combined with PySide