From Qt Wiki
Budget hotel recommendations
- Hotel ibis Bilbao [ibis.com]
- Hotel Sirimiri, Bilbao [hotelsirimiri.es]
- Ria De Bilbao [riabilbao.com]
Room sharing can cut everyone's costs down significantly and help attendees get to know each other better. Some lessons learned from previous events such as Maemo Summit 2009:
- Establish a wiki table for roommate matching (see example)
- The wiki table should at least contain columns for each roommate's name, special notes and considerations (smoking, snoring, sleepwalking, etc). Transport arrival/departure info (flight, train, etc) is also helpful. Contact info can be included but keep in mind the public nature of a wiki; linking to an attendee's wiki user account is a good idea (see example).
- If a credit card is required for reservations, decide upfront which roommate will take care of this.
- Make sure to have all of your roommate's contact info!
- If flying, ALWAYS carry on one or more days' clothing and necessities if you are checking in any luggage
- Make a color copy of your passport before traveling and store in a safe place
- Get a local SIM card ASAP if you need one!
- Get full contact information for everyone you want to stay in touch with before traveling
- If you can, enable the "Turn on mobile notifications" feature in twitter for attendees, especially those with whom you will frequently associate. This will echo tweets to SMS.