QtCS 2018 Code Repository Management
Where to share code for blog posts etc?
Use Case 1: Blog article, git.qt.io, couldn't contribute
- Samuel could create account
- Could not contribute (should have rights to either fork, or
create merge requests ...), adjust permissions ...
Use Case 2: mapbox wants to share code for Qt to include to
- Plugin for qtlocation / git submodule with special/restricted license
- Sources can be open (shared) though (discussion still ongoing)
- LGPL compatibility?
- Restrict access via git submodule?
=> Regarding Licensing: To be discussed with legal and Lars Knoll
Places to upload code to
- code.qt.io / codereview.qt-project.org
- Tight control
- git.qt.io (gitlab instance)
- "blog posts" repository in codereview.qt-project.org
Gitlab vs gerrit - what's the right technology?
- Discussion tomorrow
How to give CLA's?
- Isn't that covered by Qt account conditions these days?
- Company agreements are still done in gerrit
- git.qt.io is managed by IT - let's raise a bug report and discuss with them
- Should support external users better
- Porposal: Integrate into CLA
- Integrate into Qt Account
- Create public default user group?