Qt WebEngine does not currently support hardware accelerated decoding of videos.
- What is video acceleration and do you really need it? Could you use a proprietary solution?
- To off-load CPU, especially important for embedded devices
- Needs to be supported by GPU hardware and drivers, usually only supporting some encoding
- Link to Chromium docs on video acceleration
- Linux: Video acceleration (VA) API, gstreamer, and proprietary solutions
- Windows: directX API
- macOS: ?
- Enabling VA API in Qt 5.10 (?) for Chromium 60
- Implementing a punch hole in scenegraph
- Supporting gstreamer