Qt 4 Essentials Training Courses
| IMPORTANT: The content of this page is outdated. Reason: Qt 4|
If you have checked or updated this page and found the content to be suitable, please remove this notice.
Qt 4 Essentials - Widget Edition
The Qt Essentials - Widgets Edition course is an introduction to Qt programming for widgets-based Application developers. It lasts 3 days and it's objective is to provide you with a working knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of Qt and experience in programming with Qt with strong emphasis on widget-based programming. Please visit our course comparison page in order to compare our "Qt Essentials" and "Programming with Qt" courses side by side.
Course Learning Objectives
- Provide trainees with a working knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of Qt.
- Provide trainees with Qt programming experience.
- Working knowledge of C++ programming.
- Basic knowledge of GUI programming.
- Previous Qt experience is not required.
- Fundamentals of Qt: the story of Qt, developing a "Hello World" application, "Hello World" using Qt Creator, practical tips for developers
- Objects in Qt: common features of Qt’s object models, object communication using signals & slots, signal & slot variations, handling events in Qt
- Core Classes: string handling, item container, file handling, variants
- Widgets: common widgets, layout management, guidelines for custom widgets
- Painting and Styling: painting on widgets, color handling, painting operations, style sheets
- Application Creation: main windows, settings, resources, translation for developers, deploying Qt applications
- Dialogs and Designer: dialogs, common dialogs, Qt Designer
- Model/View 1+2: item widgets, Model/View concept, custom models, item views
- Data IO: SAX and DOM XML APIs, XML streaming API, SQL database API, SQL models
- Graphics View 1+2: using GraphicsView classes, transformations and coordinate systems, creating custom items
- Animation: starting animation, animation groups, states and animations, events and transitions
Qt 4 Essentials - Qt Quick for C++ Developers
The Qt Quick for C++ Developers course is a 2 day introduction to Qt Quick.
Course Learning Objectives
- Provide trainees with a working knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of Qt Quick.
- Provide trainees with Qt Quick programming experience.
At least a basic understanding of Qt, QObjects and GraphicsItems
- Introduction to Qt Quick: Meet Qt Quick, Concepts
- Composing User Interfaces: Nested Elements, Graphical Elements, Text Elements, Anchor Layout
- User Interaction: Mouse Input, Keyboard Input
- States and Transitions: States, State Conditions, Transitions
- Animations: Animations, Easing Curves, Animation Groups, Lab – Bouncing Ball
- Presenting Data: Arranging Items, Data Models, Using Views, XML Models, Views Revised
- Qt Quick Structures: Components, Modules
Qt 4 Essentials - Qt Quick for Designers
The Qt Quick for Designers course material targets user interface focused developers.