Qt 5.9.8 Known Issues
From Qt Wiki
- Check that your system meets Qt's requirements
- All open issues can be found from Jira: https://bugreports.qt.io
- RTA findings for Qt 5.9.8 here
- Old qt-unified-online-installer-3.0.1 (or older) can't any more be used to get Qt 5.9.4 (or later releases), see QTBUG-65798
- For new installations use newest online installer. For existing installations please update maintenance tool at first.
- Widevine support in QtWebEngine requires a widevine plugin from Chrome 61 or older, 62+ has a different ABI.
- File size of maintenance tool in offline installation is huge, see QTBUG-75267
- It seems offline installation's maintenance tool contains whole installation package and that's why the size is big. Workaround: Use online installer instead
- Static builds of Qt with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (through Update 2) do not work and will likely crash at runtime. This is believed to be a compiler bug and therefore an update from Microsoft is required. See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59721.
- Building Qt modules fails with binaries delivered with online installer see bug QTBUG-52501. Workaround is to build whole Qt from source or have libicu 56 installed on the system.
- Building for iOS-simulator fails with Xcode 10.0, see QTBUG-71313
- workaround: add QMAKE_IOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=9.0 to the pro file, or to use an earlier Xcode version.
- Qt for Android known issues
- Qt Creator: Kits not set up when using NDK r18, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-21281
- Some example crashes
- QTBUG-67175 - Scxml examples crashing after launch on UWP
- QTBUG-67568 - [WinRT] 'computegles31' example crashes on WinRT
- QTBUG-67566 - [WinRT] 'factorial' example crashes on WinRT
- QTBUG-67565 - [WinRT] Quick player example crashes on WinRT
Qt for Device Creation