Qt Creator Releases
Qt Creator 4.12.4: wk28 (~ Jul 7)
Qt Creator 4.13
- Feature freeze wk27 (~ Jun 30 2020)
- Beta release wk29 (~ Jul 14 2020)
- String freeze wk31 (~ Jul 28 2020)
- RC release wk33 (~ Aug 11 2020)
- Final release wk35 (~ Aug 25 2020)
Qt Creator 4.14
- Feature freeze wk41 (~ Oct 6 2020)
- Beta release wk43 (~ Oct 20 2020)
- String freeze wk45 (~ Nov 3 2020)
- RC release wk47 (~ Nov 17 2020)
- Final release wk49 (~ Dec 1 2020)
The mentioned dates are typically Tuesdays of the weeks, packages are meant to be ready by then. Actual release typically happens on Wednesday or Thursday.
A collection of older release plans is found at Old Qt Creator Releases.
Qt Creator Release Cycle
We aim for 3 Qt Creator minor releases each year. Each minor release goes through the following stages before the final release date:
- T-8 Weeks: Feature freeze
- T-6 Weeks: Beta release + soft string freeze
- T-4 Weeks: String freeze
- T-2 Weeks: Release candidate
- T-0 Weeks: Final release
These times are approximate and can vary a bit, depending on the state of Qt Creator during the process.
Patch releases can happen after the final release, mostly with the scope of fixing brown paper bag and high priority issues (see also the Qt Creator Submit Policies [qt.io]). We do not maintain multiple Qt Creator minor releases in parallel, usually there is no patch release after the beta of the next minor release has been released. Qt Creator’s schedule is not aligned with Qt’s schedule, but we typically provide a patch release exactly matching Qt releases which is then released at the same time.
The time after a final (.0) release starts with a period of about two months (52 weeks / 3 releases - 8 weeks from feature freeze to final = 9 1/3 weeks) which focuses on feature development for the upcoming release. (During that time there might be patch releases as described above.)