Qt for Python Development Notes
From Qt Wiki
13. January 2022
- Infra & Releases
- Maintenance in the CI, still a few things to be improved.
- New version of Gerrit is available as well.
- 5.15.8 Commercial LTS was released
- 220.127.116.11 to be release soon, special version with Python 3.10 support
- Bugs and Features
- PYSIDE-1755 Fixing issues with __code__ (related to slots)
- Improved documentation
- Looking for new features for Shiboken
- Working on improving the LSP story on QtCreator https://github.com/python-lsp/python-lsp-jsonrpc/issues/5
- PYSIDE-1764 suggestion on avoid the generation/wrapping of methods within objects.
- PYSIDE-1730 signal/method namespace crash, generated by old fixes on old bugs.
- Add capacity/reserve functions to OpaqueContainers
- QML references examples issues, to discover missing details on the qml interaction
- Clarifying the conversion rules on the typesystem: native, target
- PYSIDE-1768 and PYSIDE-1769 WebEngine issues were solved.
- uic missing imports
- PYSIDE-1751 equality test for signals is rewritten and working better
- QXYSeries: adding missing addons to enable methods
06. January 2022
- New bridge between Telegram <-> IRC
- Infra & Release
- Planning 5.15.2 new release (18.104.22.168) to include Python 3.10 support.
- 5.15.8 Commercial LTS to be release in the next couple of days.
- 6.2.3 planned for 2022.01.18
- Bugs & Features
- PYSIDE-1755 __code__ inspection on slot connection is buggy (breaks, e.g. MagicMock testing)
- Ported new examples QRegularExpression editor and MimeTypes
- Research to get new Shiboken features
- Updating translations
- In progress enabling qmllint in pyside project thanks to an external tool
- Addressing signal issues for different use-cases, multiple inheritance
- There is a relation with PyPy issues as well
- PYSIDE-1760 Racing condition without virtual environments (preloading setuptools)
- true_property issues were solved.
- continue work to have a more modular pyside installation with more wheels
- research on manylinux compatibility