Qt Creator Releases
Qt Creator 4.9
- Feature freeze wk6 (~ Feb 5 2019)
- Beta release wk8 (~ Feb 19 2019)
- String freeze wk10 (~ Mar 5 2019)
- RC release wk12 (~ Mar 19 2019)
- Final release wk14 (~ Apr 2 2019)
Qt Creator 4.10
- Feature freeze wk23 (~ Jun 4 2019)
- Beta release wk25 (~ Jun 18 2019)
- String freeze wk27 (~ Jul 2 2019)
- RC release wk29 (~ Jul 16 2019)
- Final release wk31 (~ Jul 30 2019)
Qt Creator 4.11
- Feature freeze wk40 (~ Oct 1 2019)
- Beta release wk42 (~ Oct 15 2019)
- String freeze wk44 (~ Oct 29 2019)
- RC release wk46 (~ Nov 12 2019)
- Final release wk48 (~ Nov 26 2019)
The mentioned dates are typically Tuesdays of the weeks, packages are meant to be ready by then. Actual release typically happens on Wednesday or Thursday.
A collection of older release plans is found at Old Qt Creator Releases.
Qt Creator Release Cycle
We aim for 3 Qt Creator minor releases each year. Each minor release goes through the following stages before the final release date:
- T-8 Weeks: Feature freeze
- T-6 Weeks: Beta release + soft string freeze
- T-4 Weeks: String freeze
- T-2 Weeks: Release candidate
- T-0 Weeks: Final release
These times are approximate and can vary a bit, depending on the state of Qt Creator during the process.
Patch releases can happen after the final release, mostly with the scope of fixing brown paper bag and high priority issues (see also the Qt Creator Submit Policies [qt.io]). We do not maintain multiple Qt Creator minor releases in parallel, usually there is no patch release after the beta of the next minor release has been released. Qt Creator’s schedule is not aligned with Qt’s schedule, but we typically provide a patch release exactly matching Qt releases which is then released at the same time.
The time after a final (.0) release starts with a period of about two months (52 weeks / 3 releases - 8 weeks from feature freeze to final = 9 1/3 weeks) which focuses on feature development for the upcoming release. (During that time there might be patch releases as described above.)