Qt Creator Releases
Qt Creator Release Cycle
We aim for 3 Qt Creator minor releases each year. Each minor release goes through the following stages before the final release date:
- T-8 Weeks: Feature freeze
- T-6 Weeks: Beta release + soft string freeze
- T-4 Weeks: String freeze
- T-2 Weeks: Release candidate
- T-0 Weeks: Final release
These times are approximate and can vary a bit, depending on the state of Qt Creator during the process.
Patch releases can happen after the final release, mostly with the scope of fixing brown paper bag and high priority issues (see also the Qt Creator Submit Policies [qt.io]). We do not maintain multiple Qt Creator minor releases in parallel, usually there is no patch release after the beta of the next minor release has been released. Qt Creator’s schedule is not aligned with Qt’s schedule, but we typically provide a patch release exactly matching Qt releases which is then released at the same time.
The schedule for the next minor is typically set around release time, starting with a period about two months which focuses on feature development for the upcoming release. (During that time there might be patch releases as described above.)
Qt Creator 4.0.4: Possibly with one of the Qt 5.6.x releases ?
Qt Creator 4.1:
- Feature freeze w26 (~Jun 21 2016)
- Beta release w28 (~Jul 5 2016)
- String freeze w30 (~Jul 19 2016)
- Release candidate w33 (~Aug 8 2016)
- Final release w35 (~Aug 23 2016)
Qt Creator 4.2:
- Feature freeze w42 (~Oct 11 2016)
- Beta release w44 (~Oct 25 2016)
- String freeze w46 (~Nov 8 2016)
- Release candidate w48 (~Nov 22 2016)
- Final release w50 (~Dec 6 2016)
The mentioned dates are typically Tuesdays of the weeks, packages are meant to be ready by then. Actual release typically happens on Wednesday or Thursday.
A collection of older release plans is found at Old Qt Creator Releases.