Qt for Python Development Notes
From Qt Wiki
23. January 2020
- Fix for CI/macOS problem is in, but it requires some merges in Qt5. Until all required merges are done, we will use Qt5 5.14.1 with Qt For Python 5.14
- Research on PYSIDE-803
- Proposed an "until" attribute for typesystem files to make it possible to build Pyside 5.14 against Qt 5.12 PYSIDE-1195
- Improved the view of compare app for PYSIDE-803
- Analysis of PyQt5 and SIP implementation
16. January 2020
- CI/macOS problems are being worked.
- qApp fix waiting to be merged.
- first attempts to tackle PYSIDE-803
- Python 3.8 fix to old branches is required for distributions using 5.12 LTS like Conda.
- Working on Q_ENUM support.
- Viewer for PYSIDE-803 is ready to try. Please check out https://git.qt.io/playground/pyside-compare.git and give feedback.
9. January 2020
- PYSIDE-803 needs to be tackled soon, it's critical, and we cannot carry that into Qt6.
- Python 3.8.1 on Windows has some issues while building.
- qApp macro changes discussion.
- documentation updates are still pending.
- with the release of 5.14 we have been fixing many details from uic's Python support.
- designer's RUNPATH needed to be patched, waiting for approval,
- A modular way of packing wheels is being studied.
- Re-take the Python extensions for QtCreator project evaluation.