Qt for Python Development Notes
From Qt Wiki
13. February 2020
- CI updates
- Windows package signing
- Documentation updates
- Example gallery?
- PYSIDE-803 status
- OKRS 1Q/2020
6. February 2020
- CI status and issues with the Qt provisioning 5.12
- 5.12.7 release will take more time to add new features.
- 5.14 has some issues with OpenGLFunctions.
- Documentation: Interest for the new shiboken2 documentation structure and usage of the ApiExtractor.
- Python 3.8 compatibility with older branches.
- Updates on PYSIDE-803 link
- Suggestion about iterations a-la-python https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-1216
- Qt World Summit 2020 Palm Springs
- PyCon US
30. January 2020
- 5.14.1 release rolling
- Work on PYSIDE-1204
- Work on PYSIDE-1191 PySide2 5.14 source now builds against Qt 5.12 as well
- Further research on PYSIDE-803
- full instrumentation of generated source for tracing,
- discovery of new hooks to support. Still in flux.
- Fixed some issues of Python 3.8 (most prominently warnings about implicit conversion to integers for QFlags), will be fixed in 5.14.2
- qApp macro PYSIDE-1178 PYSIDE-1158 PYSIDE-1135 finally closed. One cleanup check in may follow.
23. January 2020
- Fix for CI/macOS problem is in, but it requires some merges in Qt5. Until all required merges are done, we will use Qt5 5.14.1 with Qt For Python 5.14
- Research on PYSIDE-803
- Proposed an "until" attribute for typesystem files to make it possible to build Pyside 5.14 against Qt 5.12 PYSIDE-1195
- Improved the view of compare app for PYSIDE-803
- Analysis of PyQt5 and SIP implementation
16. January 2020
- CI/macOS problems are being worked.
- qApp fix waiting to be merged.
- first attempts to tackle PYSIDE-803
- Python 3.8 fix to old branches is required for distributions using 5.12 LTS like Conda.
- Working on Q_ENUM support.
- Viewer for PYSIDE-803 is ready to try. Please check out https://git.qt.io/playground/pyside-compare.git and give feedback.
9. January 2020
- PYSIDE-803 needs to be tackled soon, it's critical, and we cannot carry that into Qt6.
- Python 3.8.1 on Windows has some issues while building.
- qApp macro changes discussion.
- documentation updates are still pending.
- with the release of 5.14 we have been fixing many details from uic's Python support.
- designer's RUNPATH needed to be patched, waiting for approval,
- A modular way of packing wheels is being studied.
- Re-take the Python extensions for QtCreator project evaluation.