|This article is nominated for deletion. Reason: Outdated content|
Please raise your support/opposition to this nomination in the article's discussion page.
Broadcom Doc 2012
Target: Document and Upstream Broadcom 97425 Target to Qt.
Scope: Upstream all broadcom/directFB changes for Qt5, document this part of building Qt for the Broadcom P7425 platform.
Move to the latest AppLibs and get the multiprocess OpenGL/DirectFB port working. Document the necessary steps and patches and get them upstreamed.
- Move to the latest AppLibs
- Build Qt 5.0.0 with DirectFB/EGL
- Resolve QtJsBackend (V8) memory mmap issues
28./29. February - Holger
Re-apply/validate needed linker changes to the new AppLibs release. Cleaned them up compared to previous releases.
2. March - Holger
Slowly continue with the above.
6. March - Holger
- Start with the device profile, brad's work on arch autodetect makes it more easy.
- Deal with build breakage for endian detection.
10. March - Holger
- Create the device.pri but I fail to include it due qmake not exposing QT_BUILD_TREE and resolving symlinks.. The qt_config.prf strategy does not work either as it is not loaded during config.tests. The other problem is that qmake resolves symlinks, this means that a "include (../../../device.pri)" will never look in the builddir for the device.pri
- Proposed a Devices page.
14. March - Holger
- Got device profile to work in shadow build. I needed to add ln -s to add the device.pri around and load the .qmake.cache.
- Updated Devices/Broadcom97425, but still blocked on on device profile.
28. March- Holger
- Basic Device profile has been merged, rebased and extended the patches that base on it. This includes sanity checking of the compiler, -directfb configure option.
- On the course and daily rebase more build breakage got introduced and resolved on the way.