From Qt Wiki
|This article is nominated for deletion. Reason: Outdated information.|
Please raise your support/opposition to this nomination in the article's discussion page.
Nokia and Qt
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WIKI PAGE BASED ON FACTS ANYONE CAN EDIT AND IMPROVE. IT IS NOT ENDORSED BY NOKIA.
Let's collect useful facts for those interested in knowing about the commitment of Nokia in Qt. Please provide links to sources.
Nokia in the Qt Project
- Nokia was and is the main promoter of http://qt.io - putting also significant effort in bringing more active contributors for the good of the Qt community.
- Nokia is the number 1 code contributor to the Qt Project. source
- A big majority of Qt Project maintainers and approvers are employed by Nokia. source
- Nokia is currently the main contributor of legal resources to define and protect the Qt trademark, licensing and Contributor License Agreement. source
- Nokia is a relevant customer for many companies active in the Qt Partners network and the Qt Project.
- Nokia is the main funder of Qt training courses and materials, the Qt Certification and Qt Ambassadors program.
- Nokia has a team of consultants supporting key Qt users (mostly companies using Qt for non-mobile products) and encouraging them to become active contributors to the Qt Project. source
- The Qt Project infrastructure is currently funded by Nokia.
- Nokia is the main sponsor and contributes most of the resources for organizing Qt Contributors Summit and Qt Developer Days
- Nokia is helping in experimental activities around Qt 5 such as the QtonPi project, building Qt 5 for the Nokia N9, Qt 5 support for Cordova (was PhoneGap) and many other activities funded indirectly through INdT in Brazil.
Qt in Nokia
- Since Nokia acquired Trolltech, Qt has grown exponentially in number of features, users, applications, SDK downloads, full time developers, specialized companies…
- Nokia has products in the market shipping with Symbian and MeeGo Harmattan , both based on Qt and both being great examples of what can be done with Qt in mobile devices.
- Nokia currently has a base of 180 million customers with Qt-enabled Symbian and N9 devices. source
- The last Qt based product announced is the Nokia 808 PureView , awarded as Best Device at Mobile World Congress 2012
- The Nokia Store contains a catalog of Qt based applications with possibilities of monetization via paid downloads, in-app purchase and in-app advertisement.
- Nokia offers free support to Qt developers, both individuals and companies - http://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Qt/ - including device seeding programs, contests and co-marketing opportunities at different levels.
- Nokia works with the top global and local brands in the countries where it operates, in order to have their mobile apps running with Qt in Nokia devices.
- Qt’s future for Nokia: Bringing apps to the next billion.
- At any point of time Nokia has several positions open related with Qt - check at http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10120/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en (as of 2012-03-28 there are 43 position open, from which 35 were listed in the R&D category - feel free updating these numbers if you check).