Qt Creator is a cross-platform IDE (integrated development environment) tailored to the needs of Qt developers. It is part of the Qt Project.
Advanced code editor
Qt Creator focuses on providing features that help new Qt users get up and running faster, and also boost the productivity of experienced Qt developers.
- Code editor with C++, QML and ECMAscript support
- Rapid code navigation tools
- Syntax highlighting and code completion
- Static code checking and style hints as you type
- Support for source code refactoring
- Context sensitive help
- Code folding
- Parenthesis matching and parenthesis selection modes
The visual debugger for C++ is aware of the structure of many Qt classes, thus increasing its ability to display Qt’s data clearly. In addition, Qt Creator displays the raw information from GDB in a clear and concise manner.
- Interrupt program execution.
- Step through the program line-by-line or instruction-by-instruction.
- Set breakpoints.
- Examine call stack contents, watchers, and local and global variables.
Integrated GUI layout and forms builder for C++ projects, which allows you to rapidly design and build widgets and dialogs using on-screen forms using the same widgets that will be used in your application. Forms are fully-functional, and they can be previewed immediately to ensure that they will look and feel exactly as you intended.
Installing Qt Creator
If you want to participate in the development of Qt Creator, see the section on contributing to Qt Creator below.
Contributing to Qt Creator
We mostly follow the process and guidelines used for Qt itself that you can find in the [Category:Developing_Qt::Guidelines]. Please find detailed information about the process there. There is also a work-in-progress draft on Extending Qt Creator. Apart from contributing code, you can also help us by testing Qt Creator on the platform of your choice, see. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us e.g. at the #qt-creator IRC channel on Freenode or on our mailing list. (For a full list of IRC channels see OnlineCommunities.)
See the QtCreator project on gitorious for cloning the git repository.
Documentation on experimental features
Questions and Feedback
If you have any problems, please look through our Frequently Asked Questions first. If your problems persist, scan the Qt Creator mailing list archive (the old list is here). If that doesn’t help, have a look at our Bug Tracker to check if it is a known problem, or to create a bug report. Finally, you can ask on the Qt Creator mailing list (you need to subscribe first). You can also try to ask questions at the #qt-creator IRC channel on Freenode where you will find both Qt Creator developers and Qt Creator users.
- Qt Project page
- Gitorious page
- Code review tool
- Qt Labs blog posts
- Forum page on Qt Developer network
"Autotools Project Manager, part 1: Understanding QtCreator's Project Explorer":http://psconboard.blogspot.com/2011/07/autotools-project-manager-part-1.html
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Tools::QtCreator"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- Qt Creator
- Qt Creator Android Status
- Qt Creator Clang Code Model
- Qt Creator Class View
- Qt Creator Code Completion
- Qt Creator Code Completion/Zh
- Qt Creator CppSupport ConfigurableQuickFixes
- Qt Creator DevIntro CppSupport
- Qt Creator Documentation Gallery
- Qt Creator for VxWorks
- Qt Creator Git Integration
- Qt Creator GUI update
- Qt Creator Guidance
- Qt Creator iOS Status
- Qt Creator Keyboard Shortcuts
- Qt Creator Plug-in Contribution Guide
- Qt Creator Plug-in Gallery
- Qt Creator qmake to CMake Workflow
- Qt Creator Releases
- Qt Creator Releases/ja
- Qt Creator Submission Policies
- Qt Creator Translation Page
- Qt Creator Windows Debugging
- Qt Creator/de
- Qt Creator/el
- Qt Creator/es
- Qt Creator/fa
- Qt Creator/hu
- Qt Creator/it
- Qt Creator/pt
- Qt Creator/ru
- Qt Examples in Qt Creator
- QtCreator Build Gdb