New Features in Qt 5.10
Note: This page is work in progress and should not be considered as final list of Qt 5.10 features before the beta release.
New Features (within existing modules)
- Qt GUI
- Added cross-platform Vulkan enablers for Windows, Linux (xcb) and Android (level 23+): QVulkanInstance, QWindow with type VulkanSurface, and QVulkanWindow
- Added new flags and functions to QSurfaceFormat and QOpenGLWidget to request sRGB-capable default/backing framebuffers
- Qt Widgets
- QWidget::createWindowContainer() is now functional on Android
- QOpenGLWidget is now usable for rendering and reading back (grabbing) offscreen content.
- Qt Quick
- Added a shapes plugin, providing a Shape type under QtQuick.Shapes 1.0. This allows adding stroked and filled paths into Qt Quick scenes. Such shapes are rendered either by generating geometry or by using the GL_NV_path_rendering extension.
- QQuickItem layers can now request to be backed by multisample framebuffers via the property layer.samples
- Qt Graphical Effects
- The effects are now functional also in core profile OpenGL contexts.
Technology Preview Modules
The following modules are part of Qt 5.10 release, but deprecated and considered for removal in subsequent releases of Qt:
- Qt Script