Qt 5.6.1 Known Issues
From Qt Wiki
- Check that your system meets Qt's requirements
- All open issues can be found from Jira: https://bugreports.qt.io
- ODBC sql plugin not shipped in 5.6.0 packages (will be fixed in 5.6.1)
- gcc 4.9.2 fails to compile Qt. See: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=65309 and discussion at email@example.com in here: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2015-March/020632.html
- Issues with gcc 5.2.1: Nested structs don't get their constructors called under some circumstances. See: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=67550.
- A possible workaround for the issue can be found from here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/161071/
- Documentation build can fail, workaround:
- The QML type loader can mistakenly drop components before they are instantiated for the first time. This has been observed with applications using more than 64 components (the limit for automatic cache trimming) and QtQuick Loaders. The problem does not occur with 5.6.0, as automatic type cache trimming was only added in 5.6.1.
- Qt WebEngine might crash on embedded devices if no default fonts are installed (QTBUG-51772)
- Qt support for DirectFB fails to build with some older versions of DirectFB. We have been unable to tell which is the first version known to compile, since DirectFB.org is unreachable. Workarounds:
- configure Qt with the -no-directfb option; or
- remove your DirectFB development files; or
- upgrade to a more recent version
- Qt WebEngine cannot be compiled for Windows XP (QTBUG-49900)
Qt Labs Controls
- The Gallery example uses Qt Quick Layouts, which is shipped as part of the Qt Quick Controls component. However, in the installer the Qt Quick Controls component is not marked as a dependency to the Qt Labs Controls component. Both components need to be selected in order to be able to run the Qt Labs Controls Gallery example.