Qt 5.15 Release
- 1 Qt 5.15 Standard Support Releases
- 2 Qt 5.15 LTS Commercial Releases
Qt 5.15 Standard Support Releases
Release blog post: https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-5.15-released
|Release Manager||Jani Heikkinenfirstname.lastname@example.org||jaheikki3|
Qt 5.15 release plan
|Phase||Original plan||Updated plan||Realized|
|Soft String Freeze||25.03.2020||25.3.2020|
|Branch 5.15.0 from 5.15||22.4.2020||23.4.2020|
Tools used when building & packaging Qt 5.15
Qt 5.15 release team meeting memos
03.12.2019 'Initial Qt 5.15.0 schedule'
Qt 5.15 LTS Commercial Releases
|Release Manager||Tarja Sundqvistemail@example.com|
|Phase||Original plan||Updated plan||Realized||Blog post link|
|Qt 5.15.5||June 2021||18.6.2021||https://www.qt.io/blog/commercial-lts-qt-5.15.5-released|
|Qt 5.15.6||August 2021||Week 36 (Sep 2021)||8.9.2021||https://www.qt.io/blog/commercial-lts-qt-5.15.6-released|
|Qt 5.15.7||October 2021||29.10.2021||https://www.qt.io/blog/commercial-lts-qt-5.15.7-released|
|Qt 5.15.8||December 2021||January 2022||4.1.2022||https://www.qt.io/blog/commercial-lts-qt-5.15.8-released|
|Qt 5.15.9||March 2022|
Release notes for the Qt 5.15 LTS Commercial release are available via Qt Account. In Qt Account, select Downloads - Product: Qt - Version: <Qt Version>.
Known issues for Qt 5.15 LTS Commercial releases are listed in the release notes.
Some additional highlights of known issues are listed below:
- Qt 5.15.4 LTS Commercial: See the Qt WebEngine known issues in Qt 5.15.4 Known Issues#QtWebEngine
- Qt 5.15.6 LTS Commercial: provides a fix for the security issue described in https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-38593
- Qt 5.15.7 LTS Commercial: In Qt WebEngine, the CHROMIUM_VERSION file includes an incorrect version number 94.0.4606.61. The correct Chromium patch level version number is 94.0.4606.81.
Getting Source Codes
The Qt 5.15 LTS Commercial source codes are available in the tqtc shadow repositories and their lts branches.
Note! To be able to clone the LTS sources, you must have a commercial license. An evaluation license does not provide access to the LTS sources.
To clone the Qt sources, follow the instructions:
- Register to Gerrit as instructed in . Some notes:
- If you just want to clone the sources, you need to follow instructions on steps 1-3 and either set an SSH key (step 5) or an HTTP password (step 6).
- If you are going to contribute to the Qt Project, step 4 is mandatory.
- Login to Gerrit and follow instructions in  to clone the LTS source codes.
If you are using the Yocto environment, please see instructions in https://doc.qt.io/QtForDeviceCreation-5.15/qtee-meta-qt5.html#using-qt-5-15-lts-commercial-releases.
Here are some tips for the most common issues. Please note that as a commercial customer you can also contact our support team.
- Please check your license. The LTS branches require a commercial license. An evalution license does not provide access to the LTS sources.
- If you have used to work with the public Qt 5 repositories, please note that LTS sources are available via tqtc shadow repositories and a Gerrit account is needed for accessing them. Log in Gerrit and setup your account as instructed in .
- If you see the following error message at the end of cloning command, it might refer to the network issues (for example, too slow connection):
fatal: early EOF
Please wait a while and try again cloning sources.
fatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output