New Features in Qt 5.13
Note that this list should be considered as work in progress until the first Beta release.
New Features (within existing modules)
- Qt Core
- Clang: New configure switch -coverage which is useful for fuzzing
- Qt GUI
- Add QImage::convertTo new API (convert a image in place)
- QPainterPath: support clear, reserve and capacity methods with same semantics than QVector::clear() (allocations are preserved)
- Qt Network
- Qt QML
- Qt Quick
- Added support to TableView for hiding rows and columns
- Qt Quick Controls 2
- Added SplitView.
- Added cache property to icon.
- Qt Bluetooth
- Removed need for pairing on Windows to discover and connect
- Qt 3D
- Added support for importing and exporting OpenGL texture handles
- Added framegraph nodes for fence objects
- Added priority based picking
- Initial glTF 2.0 scene import support added
- Qt Wayland Compositor
- New client buffer integration for linux-dmabuf-unstable-v1 support. Qt clients already had support through the wayland-egl integration.
- Support for the wp_viewporter protocol.
- Qt WebEngine
- Based on Chromium 73
- Application-local client certificate store
- Client certificate support from QML
- PDF viewing via internal Chromium extension
- Web Notifications API
- Thread-safe and page specific url request interceptors.
- Qt WebSockets
- Qt Location
- Added support for GeoPolygons with holes, reflected in MapPolygons and MapPolygonObjects
- Introduced interoperability with GeoJson with import/export functionality
- Qt Test
- Qt Multimedia
- Gapless playback in QML VideoOutput using flushMode property
- Added support of GStreamer for Windows/macOS
- Added HTTP headers and audio roles for Android
- Added QT_MULTIMEDIA_PREFERRED_PLUGINS to specify preferred plugins
- Allowed to build WMF together with DirectShow or disabled by config option -no-wmf or -no-directshow
- Introduced QT_PA_CHANNEL_MAP for QAudioOutput and PulseAudio
- Video/Audio probes in DirectShow
- QMediaResource class is now deprecated
- Android 5.0 (API level 21) is now the minimum supported version.
- Added support for content: URLs to QFile.
- Added native file dialog support.
- New shell integration for fullscreen-shell-unstable-v1.
Technology Preview Modules
- Qt Lottie (TP)
- Qt for WebAssembly
Qt for Automation
- Qt KNX
- Secure client API added
- Qt OPC UA
- C++ API out of TP
- Added QML API (TP)
- Added secure client C++ API (TP)
- UaCpp and Open62542 backend are feature equal
- Qt CoAP (TP)
- DTLS support merged
The following modules are part of Qt 5.13 release, but deprecated and considered for removal in subsequent releases of Qt:
- Qt Script
- Qt Quick Controls 1
- Qt XmlPatterns
The following modules have been deprecated earlier and no longer part of the Qt 5.13 release:
- Qt Canvas 3D